Institution: New Somerset Hospital
(Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numerical and literacy skills.
- Appropriate experience in an appropriate industrial food service environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to work shifts, weekends, public holidays, and night duty and be rotated.
- Willingness to be trained and upskilled, and to attend training courses as designated by the Hospital.
SEE JOBS YOU MAY BE INTERESTED TO APPLY
- Have knowledge and understanding of the basic food groups and cooking methods.
- Willingness to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- The ability to communicate efficiently in two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Prepare and cook meals for the patients.
- Clean and maintain the kitchen area and equipment and maintain hygiene standards.
- Dress according to Departmental specifications and adhere to Hospital Policy.
- Ability to prepare food according to standardised recipes.
- Ability to be trainable in preparing of normal and therapeutic diets.
- Following and adhere to Health and Safety Regulations.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Table Talk 2/2/2022, PSVC 2/2022).
Closing Date : 18 February 2022