Full Job Description
To provide support to the COVID-19 response and Health Emergency preparedness, as well as existing programmes to in support of the Continuity of Essential Health services (e.g. TB, HIV, NCD, EPI etc.) with the team at the WHO Country.
Objective of the Programme:
The COVID-19 pandemic in South Africa is unprecedented in size, geographic spread and number of lives lost. At the same time, its scale and complexity are placing enormous demands on the health system. The country consists of 9 provinces where WHO country office will have been supporting through technical support, capacity building and support with logistics and field operations. Epidemiology is one of the key pillars of the COVID-19 response, recovery and resetting of the health system. This together with good communication with teams and with partners is important. The WHO Country Office in South Africa, is seeking to employ on a temporary basis for a period of three months only, a person with relevant experience to continue this support.
Under the supervision of the WHO Country Office the following activities will be conducted:
Summary of the work
The scope of the work will include working with the provincial and district response teams on COVID-19 to:
- Provide technical expertise to guide implementation of surveillance and investigation of respiratory infectious disease specific
- Support the province and district with field assessments and surveillance in field as needed
- Regular share updated surveillance data
- Assist in data collation and analysis at district and provincial level
- Undertake analysis, interpretation and reporting of COVID-19 as well as other Programme surveillance data;
- Guide and contribute to the development and release of sitreps and reports
- Assist to disseminate and orientate teams on relevant national guidelines and SOPs
- Participate in capacity building efforts at provincial and district level
- Whenever needed guide the province on preparing response and recovery plans
- Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
- Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
- Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
- Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
JOB ALERTS: Click to Join Our Jobs in Africa Telegram Group
WHO Competencies (Min 3 Max 5)
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Producing results
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Education and special training
a Postgraduate qualification in epidemiology and surveillance, or a related scientific research based degree
Experience (length and type)
Experience (minimum of at 2 years) in epidemiology, surveillance, data analysis, mapping and reporting and in establishing relationships with Government and partners at provincial level.
Knowledge, abilities and skills
- Proven knowledge and skills in: epidemiology, surveillance, data analysis, mapping and reporting;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work effectively in multicultural environment with tact and diplomacy;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skill;
- Proficiency in the scientific methods, and approaches to public health;
- Knowledge/Experience of the Department of Health, WHO, tor NGOs way of working in provinces and districts is an advantage
English: English and one additional language spoken in the province
Specifics arrangements: Each candidate will need to be located (residence) in the provinces
Location : South Africa
Closing Date :Jun 2, 2022